|Fifth Division (JCP)|
The Fifth Division in the Gotei 13 was started by Nemaiya Oetsu over 1,000 years ago, who beforehand created the Zanpakuto, and who later went on to be one of the founders of the Royal Guard. Later it was led by Captain Shinji Hirako; after being secretly betrayed by his Lieutenant, Sosuke Aizen, Aizen became the new Captain, until he betrayed Soul Society. After Aizen's death, Shinji Hirako retook his position as the Fifth Division Captain. The Lieutenant is Momo Hinamori.
|Sakura Tatsunoko||Third Seat|
|Unnamed Man||3rd Seat|
The fifth division has been raised to have a gentle atmosphere, where every member gets along well with one another. The division is also said to excel at nurturing soldiers of immense talent.
Recruitment Fair Brochure
- No reply, as his whereabouts are unknown.
1. What kind of individuals are you seeking?
2. How would you describe the atmosphere around your division?
The captain is gone and there are still a lot of days when I have to stay in bed, but essentially it's a very peaceful division with a wonderful atmosphere.
3. What do you require of new recruits?
People who wouldn't betray anyone...
4. Some words for the Shinigami recruits.
Let's protect the 5th Division together!
Frank talk!! with the 8th Division lieutenant, Nanao Ise
H... Hinamori-san, is your health better now? If you have any troubles or concerns or that sort of thing, you can talk to me any time, just ask for me! Let's read together again sometime.
Shinigami Woman's Association Aptitude Test
According to the Shinigami Women's Association aptitude test, those who are intellectual, claiming that Shinigami who want to be both wise and skilled in the martial arts can do so by training under the captain, Sōsuke Aizen, who is both.
- It is notable that three of the current lieutenants, as well as two former captains, were once associated with the 5th Division. The lieutenants were personally recruited by former captain Aizen after their graduation from the academy. However, two of the three (Renji and Izuru) both found themselves leaving for other divisions before moving to their eventual lieutenant position. Only Momo Hinamori remained and rose to her position in the same division as her initial recruitment.