|Race||Human, Plus, Shinigami|
|Age||11, 95 (Shinigami)|
|Affiliation||6th Division, Gotei 13, Soul Society|
|Occupation||Shinigami of 6th Division|
|Base of Operations||Soul Society|
|Relatives||Yugi Mizuki (elder sister)|
Sakura Mizuki (Mother)
Jou Mizuki (father)
|Status||Alive (as Shinigami)|
|Main Skill||Shikai: Izanami|
Akane Mizuki (あかね 水樹, Mizuki Akane) is the younger sister of Yugi Mizuki who died 4 years ago after the incident tragedy happen on her family before Yugi's spiritual power awakened.
Akane is a girl who is always seen wearing a kimono Japanese fashion style dress and always bringing around her little animal, named Momo-san. However, they're both still sisters even thought they're physically a bit different from each other.
Akane is a cheerful girl who like playing together with her elder sister, Yugi. But sadly, 4 years ago her family was being attacking by a huge Hollow and their parents died along with her. And she realized, her only sister is still alive also wanting to warn her about that night.
Sometimes, Akane like to play with an animal named Momo-san. She brought Momo from her mother, and since then she always plays with it when Yugi's not around at home.
Akane was born at August 17th in Karakura Town, she is 6 years younger than Yugi. Her parents are too busy so she just plays with her elder sister and Momo. About 9 years ago, the huge tragedy was happening in Mizuki's family being attacked by an Arrancar, named Michel. He killed all of her family, but only Akane's older sister survived.
Currently now, she's a Plus and her soul is already sent to the Soul Society after Yugi became a Shinigami. She lived in West Rukongai, District 1.
17 months later, Akane becomes a Shinigami and is accepted into the 6th Division which shocked Yugi. Her shikai is Izanami but she has not achieved bankai yet.
- (to Yugi) "Nee-san, please don't worry about me! I will be just fine and not becaming a monster so soon, if I do please kill me! I don't mind to."
- (to Yugi) "Shinigami? So, thats these guys who will sends my soul into the place they called Soul Society."
- (to Ichigo) "Ichigo-niisan, please take care good of her! She needs someone to make her life happy ending, then its the promise I gave to you."
- The flowers embroidered onto Akane's kimono may be an indirect reference to the family crest (mon) of the Chosokabe Clan, a clan of Samurai during the Sengoku period of Japan.
- Akane's death is the true reason behind her older sister, Yugi's tomboyish character.
Behind The Scene
- Her appearance its based off of Fuu from anime series, Samurai Champloo.
- Her zanpakutou's name is inspired from Persona 4.